- Since January 2009 the requests for food assistance from the OC Food Bank have more than DOUBLED.
- 1 out of 5 people in Orange County are “food insecure”, meaning they do not know where their next meal is going to come from.
- Orange County’s high cost of housing, and the relatively low wages paid to our growing service industry, contribute to the need for assistance.
- The OC Food Bank distributed more than 25 million pounds of food last year.
- In addition to direct support given to high-risk citizens, the OC Food Bank supplies nearly 400 local charities, including churches, senior centers, shelters, soup kitchens, and social service agencies.
- The OC Food Bank serves seniors on fixed incomes, pregnant women and children, disabled persons, the unemployed, the homeless, and the working poor.
- The OC Food Bank also distributes 24,000 food boxes each month to vulnerable seniors to nearly 70 distribution sites in Orange, Los Angeles and Riverside counties.
- Over 60,000 volunteer hours are spent each year sorting, packing, and distribution of food at the OC Food Bank.
- There is an inadequate supply of food, the demand is growing, more help is needed, and YOU have the power to help.
A program of Community Action Partnership of Orange County
11870 Monarch Street
Garden Grove, CA 92841