Welcome to the 9th Annual CANstruction® Orange County Design/Build Competition
IT STARTS WITH ONE CAN®.
TO FEED THE HUNGRY.
TO LIFT THE SPIRIT.
TO CHANGE THE WORLD.
CANstruction is using one can of food as a catalyst for change.
One Can to represent the building blocks of massive sculptures.
One Can to prove that every act of kindness makes a difference.
CANstruction Orange County combines the fun of a design/build competition with an ingenious way to help feed hungry people. Local prominent architectural, engineering, planning, and design firms, and students mentored by these professionals, create phenomenal structures built entirely out of canned food. The structures go on view to the public at South Coast Plaza and ARTIC throughout the month of September in conjunction with the Festival of Children.
ARTIC (Anaheim Regional Transportation Intermodel Corridor)
2626 E. Katella Ave.
Anaheim, CA 92806
- Building Trades Network: No House Should Go Hungry (House Sculpture) – 3,232 cans
- JRMA: BB-ATE (BB-8 from Star Wars) – 3,008 cans
- SoCal Gas: Together, We CAN Fuel a Better Future (Home Metering Station) – 1,434 cans
SOUTH COAST PLAZA
3333 Bristol St.
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
- Architects Orange: CANifornia Burrito (Burrito Sculpture) – 5,855 cans
- Bassenian | Lagoni: Two Scoops Against Hunger (Ice Cream) – 2,600 cans
- Disneyland Resort | Design and Engineering: Together We CAN Turn Hunger Inside Out! (Inside Out Character) – 6,425 cans
- Dougherty + Dougherty: The Hungry Duckling (Rubber Duck) – 5,980 cans
- Douglas Pancake Architects and Silverado: Stacked Up Against Hunger! (Pancake Sculpture) – 2,492 cans
- Ewing Cole: Lose Hunger. Find Dory! (Dory Character) – 5,036 cans
- FLUOR: Hunger Out! (Kobe Bryant) – 4,223 cans
- Jeffrey Rome & Associates: Celebrate Life On a Full Stomach! (Book of Life) – 10,321 cans
- Little Diversified Architecture: Can FÜd Panda, Fighting the Forces of Hunger (Kung Fu Panda) – 5,900 cans
- McCarthy Building Companies, Inc.: Don’t Gamble with Hunger (Slot Machine) – 3,028 cans
- Michael Baker International: Gotta Feed ‘em All (Pokémon) – 5,163 cans
- Vanir Construction Management: Drive Out Hunger (405 Sign) – 2,110 cans
- Withee Malcolm Architects: Fighting Hunger Madders (Mad Hatter) – 6,000 cans
TOTALING: 72,800 CANS OF FOOD – 48,000 MEALS